95 Monte Carlo Stuttered Then Stalled Out

Michael Savage

Today I was in stop and go traffic and my car stuttered when I gave it gas then stalled out and the stutter when giving it has has continued and suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No codes but the humidity has been externally high today and temp got over 100 and I was in stop and go traffic. Car didn't show to get hot but after a while it started stuttering then it stalled out.

So it was after the car got hot? I had a bad sparkplug wire that caused my car to sort of do the same thing but it didn't stall. More like a weak spark or an almost intermitted miss, if that makes any since. Fuel pressure should be easy to check, any auto parts store should let you borrow one.

The car didn't show to get hot. The wires are fine, and gonna check the fuel pressure Monday or Tuesday. It's not a reoccurring thing it just happened that one time. It stuttered which might have been a couple misses then stalled out when I tried to give it a little more gas. Strangest thing. The wire issue you said I've had that happen with my last set of wires, and that's not how it felt. Been acting fine since.

Any more ideas would be helpful. But remember it just happened that one time and since then it hasn't done it again just wondering what it could be to try and prevent it from happening in the future.

Anything now would just be speculation, and that could go on for awhile. When it reoccurs or becomes a confirmed failure then the diagnosis can begin. Preventative maintenance is what you have to do to keep hard failures at bay best you can. See if you can reproduce the issue and note what you did. If its fuel pressure I`d look at the filter and the pressure regulator on the rail before suspecting the pump.

Referring to the car getting hot means the engine has reached approximate operating temperature, anything over that is considered overheating or on fire.

No codes but the humidity has been externally high today and temp got over 100 and I was in stop and go traffic. Car didn't show to get hot but after a while it started stuttering then it stalled out.

Your car is a 95, you may have a "historic code" or a code that won't trigger the SES Light, but can be seen if you see the car with a Tech1, or get the ALDL cable and download Tuner Pro and proper definitions.