95 Monte Carlo Break Lights on the Trunk Not Lighting

Michael Savage

I replaced every bulb in and on my car the other day. I noticed the 2 white bulbs 3067s I believe on the Plastic Piece on the trunk between the Tail Lights aren't lighting up ever. I was wondering if they're supposed to light up or what to check to find out why they aren't working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Luminas had marker lights on the trunk but not brake lights. Monte Carlos were just reverse lights.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

The Luminas had marker lights on the trunk but not brake lights. Monte Carlos were just reverse lights.

I don't know enough about the 1.5 gen Lumina's to refute this, but I have never seen them illuminated. If you can, I'd like to see a pic, but none around where I live have ever been working, if they are indeed markers.

I don't know enough about the 1.5 gen Lumina's to refute this, but I have never seen them illuminated. If you can, I'd like to see a pic, but none around where I live have ever been working, if they are indeed markers.

My bad they weren't. They're just big reflectors. I thought I saw one with lights but I may be thinking another car.

My bad they weren't. They're just big reflectors. I thought I saw one with lights but I may be thinking another car.

I've actually wanted for some time to install a light behind the trunk reflectors on the Monte to function as a turn and/ or brake light. So far, nothing has happened

post-10303-143689167238_thumb.jpg

The red reflectors don't illuminate, they're just normal reflectors unlike the side markers. There as 2 white light casings on both sides of the Lock. Those have lights, but Autozone misinformed me that they we're brake lights and not reverse lights. I have the 95 model and there is no socket for the reflectors. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk