Anyone have a reliable HP Calculator?

Teferius

I have tried several Horsepower calculators and they all came up with me having 197HP at the wheels. I put in my time of 15.044 @ 89.94 and the car as weighing 3400lbs. With 20% tranny loss that is 236hp on the motor. Here are the links to the ones I tried.

http://www.migpc.com/The_1_4_Mile/the_1_4_mile.html

Just wanted to get an idea of what kind of horsepower I may have. that sounds a little high with the mods I have though.

I have tried several Horsepower calculators and they all came up with me having 197HP at the wheels. I put in my time of 15.044 @ 89.94 and the car as weighing 3400lbs. With 20% tranny loss that is 236hp on the motor. Here are the links to the ones I tried.

http://www.migpc.com/The_1_4_Mile/the_1_4_mile.html

Just wanted to get an idea of what kind of horsepower I may have. that sounds a little high with the mods I have though.

Wow, using one of those, and entering in my weight and hp and such, it came up with that i should run the 1/4 mile in 24 seconds. I guess im happy that i got a 17.4 :)

John

I dont know I used method one and came up with

Your Grand Prix STE weighs about 3500 pounds and can complete a 1/4 mile in about 15.00 seconds. That means that you've got about 204.97 HP at the wheels, and about 266.46 HP at the flywheel.

and well my car Dyno'd at 207 at the wheels so that could be about right? I think they are not calculating in the TQ as much as they should...and thats how they get the High HP

Your STE Turbo weighs about 3560 pounds and can complete a 1/4 mile in about 14.9 seconds. That means that you've got about 212.71 HP at the wheels, and about 276.52 HP at the flywheel.

WOW I never knew I had so much power! (I don't think thats right)

thats going off of the fact the dtk2 ran a 14.9 1/4 and 9.43 1/8th

I ran a 9.42 1/8th so my 1/4 should be about the same.

if thats anywhere near the truth then I'm a happy man.

marcus