How to remove lower rocker extensions on '92 GTP coupe?

crazyd

I've taken all the screws off, but I can't seem to figure out what's still holding the lower rocker extension on. It's stuck about halfway down the door. It looks like there are slots in it for me to do something but I have no idea what. The more I mess with it the more it scratches the paint on the fender, and I don't want to damage anything by getting forceful with it. Any suggestions appreciated.

If you've taken all the screws off the bottom, the only thing holding it on is clips along the door sill. You have to pry upward with some decent force. On the fender it's just tucked behind a metal channel and it will slide right off once you get the door sill clips loose

there is a bolt all the way on the front of the door. you can get to it from the inside just by opening the door. once that screw comes out you have to slide the panel foreward before you can lift up

Thanks guys, got it off last night. It was the clips inside it that threw me off. To the paint shop!

Anybody ever had to drill out those rivets to replace the mounting bracket, and know what size drill bit to use?

Edited by crazyd