3800 Ignition Bracket on 3100?

Michael Savage

I have always liked the setup and location of the 3800 Ignition Bracket and I was wondering if anyone has had luck swapping the bracket to a 3x00. The location on the 3100 is aggravating and annoying when working on the rear of the engine.

I also hate the Valve Cover Tube that runs to the Air Box Tube I deleted that and have it naturally aspirated back there right now. I would love to relocate the Coil Packs like on the 3800 and add a Valve Cover Breather back there so I can work on it easier.

My roommate relocated his DIS on his 3.4 DOHC to the passenger side by the ECM. Just had to use some zip ties to make sure the wires didn't rub against the belt.

He had bent the bracket so that it was attached to the support bar that goes from the strut tower to the front crossmember. Not sure how (or if) it was attached at the bottom), but it seemed to work.

I thought I had some pics of it, but that was on my old computer that blew up the hard drive. Lost LOTS of pics of mods I had done >.<

That sounds interesting as a nice backup plan that actually sounds way easy to do honestly lol but what I'm wanting to see is if there's a way to bolt mine or a 3800 bracket in the position the 3800s is because that position is out of the way and easily accessible and to me just looks great.

Talked to Mike Miller from MilzyMoto today he said he made one for his 3400 at one point.

Basically have to extend the wires and make my own metal adapter plate. Basically combine the setup for the Serpintine Belt Plastic Piece with the routing instructions on it that bolts to the timing cover with the ignition coil bracket and then bolt the coil module to it and extend the wires and route them to it and go from there.