I am thinking of getting rid of my gtp

2001goldGTP

The last time I drove it was march 2013 and on a 5 mile trip my friend had to tow it the last 2 miles home. It is currently in my garage with the motor on a stand the 2 transmissions on the side of the house and the hood sitting on the roof. I am looking at the costs of a good transmission that will not break with the mods I have and the question starts to become why? It is not nearly as comfortable as my 90 cutlass, its not near as fast as new cars that I could most likely afford a payment on, lets say a Hellcat or an SS 1LE, and my 64 could really use that money for some 1/4 panel work. hell new camerys come with 270 horse and run a 14.4. My GTP doesnt seem to be fast, reliable or cheap. Even if I do keep it the cost to fix the bosch abs module is insane.

So option 1

If I get rid of it the thinking is i would completely demod the car, wheels tires, cam package, all the suspension parts, head lights tail lights roof rails the SD hood from pfyc thats at my parents house, and the 13 inch brakes, every thing. Get a cheap trans and sell the car stock with stock everything, glad I kept all that shit. And use that money as a down payment on something rwd v8 and supercharged. (Hellcat)

Option 2

I get a good trans keep the car and deal with the fact the seats suck the car isnt worth much as a whole car and soon stock honda accords will be blowing my doors off. Also the abs/traction wont work and passing CA smog will never be an easy task.

Option 3

Same as option 1 but I dont replace the GTP. I put the money towards the 64 and continue to DD the cutlass.

I am really pissed at the GTP, it has ruined my love of cars

I have been looking at 2015 Challengers. They are BA. Then I drive the GTP and I love it.

If you decide to demod it let me know. I would love to have some of your parts.

Not trying to be a troll here, but almost anything you'd need to do to your GTP to get it on the road probably wouldn't add up to more than maybe 5 payments on a new car...

...but that's not a decision anyone but you can make.

yeah it wasn't so much a monetary issue. The car sat for a while due to my wife getting pregnant, having to move and my son being born and the nightmare that went with the complications of his birth. Now that everything is ok i am looking to buy a trans for the GTP that i would never have to change again, and its like why would i drop close to if not over 3k for a trans for a car worth about 3K in my local market. I am new to the whole car payment experience but we have made two so far and the ability to not worry about a thing thanks to the warrant is amazing. Dont worry the cutlass will never leave :)

I say with whatever you do, de-mod. Selling the car with all of the parts on it will be a bit tougher, and not at all help boost the selling price.