Question about Performance Shift option on GTP and engine stalling after dead battery

zjwflippers

On my 1997 Grand Prix GTP sedan, there is no performance shift option on the shifter, at least I don't think. I don't know exactly where it's supposed to be. I just assumed the 97 didn't have it until today when I turned the key to accessory mode, and all the lights on the driver information LCD light up, and I noticed that there was "Performance Shift Mode" lit up on the LCD. Did some cars not have that feature? Is there an alternative location for the button? Could somebody post a picture of their performance shift button please? Thanks.

Also, my battery died yesterday (I put it on a charger, I didn't jump it) and ever since, the car has been stalling at idle. I had it running for a while without it stalling and then at a red light it stalled and I couldn't get it to start again, the guy behind me helped to push it out of the intersection and I hooked it up with some rope to my Dad's car and towed it home. After doing some research, I confirmed my suspicion that the computer just lost it's settings and that it needs time to work itself out, so I tried starting it again today, ran fine except that it was idleing at 1200rpms versus the normal 800rpms, and every once in a while would drop off like it was about to stall. I took it for a 10 minute drive and it seemed to be back to normal, until about a block from my house, it stalled again. Is there anything I should be doing to be helping the process along? Did I misdiagnose the problem? (I guess this question should have been the main question, huh? haha)

I've had the car for 2 months now and I'm already saving up for a GXP, I'm hooked, haha.

Thanks, and to whomever asked for me to post pics of my car the last time I asked a question, I will post pictures in the morning, I didn't read your post on the last topic until the thread was dead.

Thanks

-Zach