Pics of my Z

matts93z34

I would like to get the car lowered but the header pipe is about 1.5 inches off the ground so it would be hard not to scrape the pipe with a one inch drop. I am looking towards maybe doing air bags over the summer. Just have to wait and see.

I would like to get the car lowered but the header pipe is about 1.5 inches off the ground so it would be hard not to scrape the pipe with a one inch drop.

Why is the downpipe almost touching the ground at a stock ride height?

That doesn't sound healthy... what's the scoop?

- Erik

I'm guessing you got the idea from the Z50 concept car? Well...it's obvious you've done a lot of work, and I respect that. The engine swap, however, is the only modification I actually like. Thanks for sharing, though. Mmmmm...V8

Thanks for looking at the car. As for the downpipe i am guessing thats how ASG designed the motor and the only way they could run the downpipe was below the scrapeplate. The seats i got through one of my friends i am not sure were he got them he wouldnt tell me. I paid $480 a pair. The seats are very comfy on long trips.

Matt

A V8 in a W-body is really a awesome combo.

I drove ASG's 5.0 Euro 3.4 car a few years ago.. the surprised/confused looks you got at stoplights lightly revving the car were priceless!

Nice car. 8)

how does the ASG 5.0 motor feel as a power plant when you drive it? What is your exhaust setup and how does it sound? Just curious because I've been looking at ASG for about a year now trying to justify the price.

The ASG is great. When you step on the gas the car goes. If you punch it at lights the tires will do a nice little burnout and then it will launch you. The exhaust setup i did was the flowmaster 40 series mufflers. The builder of the motor recommended Flowmaster 50 series but the 40 series gives you better results and is a lot louder. If you have the money i would do the swap it is great having a v8 if not for about the same horsepower and a lot less money i would do the 3.8 supercharged engine swap only my opinion.

Matt

I am going to dnyo my car over the summer after i do some modifications to the motor. As for my quarter mile time, i havent raced it. The engine swap was $10,000 so i really don't want to break anything. Someone showed me this website http://www.superford.org you go to the garage and follow the instructions. So the quarter mile time isnt exactly what it would be but it would be around that. I might take it to a drag strip over the summer and get some times

thats sorta like people using the G-tech or using a stop watch for 1/4 mile times... it just aint happenin. If I were you I'd maybe take the times off of there....dont post it , unless you can prove it.

- Mark