Trunk latch stopped working

Nas Escobar

To start off, what has happened to me is the opposite of what usually happens. I can get in my trunk fine BUT I can't get the trunk to latch. Usually some slamming of the trunk would get it to latch, but this time, nothing is getting it to latch up. With that said, why is it that my trunk isn't latching and what do I need to replace to fix it.

I should also note that the trunk itself is not out of alignment and the trunk simply bounces back up. The latch is not in the lock position because I can push the tab that latches to the body with a screwdriver and it will lock. It's just choosing to not lock itself onto the body.

All help is appreciated.

I used to deal with this time to time on my CSC. The latch worked fine. Opened and closed like it should. I could not get it latch up on the loop in the trunk.

I ended up unbolting the latch mech and slotted the holes a bit added some washers and it was good. I have not had a problem since.

I agree. Slamming the trunk over time will cause the latch on the lid to be pushed upward in the lid and eventually it will not latch anymore. You need to loosen the 2 10mm bolts and move the latch down and adjust it til it meets the striker properly., then tighten it and try it. Adjust it til it works properly. I have seen it many times

I fixed it, but very uncovencionally... I haven't had access to a drill so what I did was I pushed the latch further out by loosening the latch, stuffed a glove in between the latch and trunk sheet metal and now it latches. I don't like this fix but it's all I could do with the resources and time I had.