2G Door Trim

pwmin

The trim at the top of my door panels is coming off and I've tried a few things to fix it, but it's just not right. Anyone have a remedy for this? It's the little black piece at the very top that's stapled on from the inside.

If there are any trim shops around where you live, they can probably fix it. I deal a lot with a trim shop at work, and there isn't much that they can't do interior wise.

My mind is foggy this morning, you're talking about the little "C" shaped piece correct? I've been trying to re-attach mine forever, but can't figure out anything that's a decent solution either :confused:

Yep that's it. I've tried super glue, silicone and pinching it so far but it's fragile and doesn't like to stay. I would take it somewhere but I'm BAF.

Did you try all those methods with the door panel off? I had the door panel off when I put a window motor in mine last fall, and tried to secure it as best I could then. Noticed a couple weeks ago it's pulling up even more now :mad::mad:

I used weatherstrip adhesive, works like a champ, I had the door panels off and used that and set the panel down to keep pressure on it and it sealed up great

I took them off completely, laid them on the table like this --> U... And just laid a line of weatherstrip adhesive all the way down and put them back on the door panels, then laid the door panel down so it would hold it tight for about 20 minutes and they dont budge at all

right on, thanks. I'll have to try that when I have the time or wait until my window motors inevitably fail (only have had the DR one puke so far, but the others are getting slow)