Cruise Control Stopped

Michael Savage

Change my brake booster yesterday. Now I don't have Cruise Control. Picked up a new Cruise Control Unit and cable today. Installed it and still no CC. Any ideas other than the switch on the column I could check?

Explain location of both. The Vacuum supply can I get to it without taking off the Master Cylider because I'm guessing it's the line that runs underneath it. Since my air conditioning runs off that same line and isn't malfunctioning that's probably intact correct? I just fixed the one that connects to the manifold. Which switch on the brake pedal, the lower White numb that pops out when the pedal is pushed off of it or the other white one above it?

I travel on the highway about 600miles each week, to me it's fairly vital lol I unplugged the vacuum line that goes under my Master Cylinder and it released a bunch of compressed air so I'm guessing that's intact. What about this switch with the pedal where's it at? There's several down there.

AFAIK, it's an electric unit that's attached to the throttle body. There's 2 cables that go to the throttle. One that is from the gas pedal, the other that's from the cruise control unit. Maybe inspecting the unit might lead you to somewhere. Maybe a loose cable or something.

Vacuum line Schurkey mentioned I was accepting the possibility. Also yes I know what the unit looks like I actually replaced it yesterday. Problem still isn't fixed.

What else could it be? This all started after changing the Brake booster.

So if the CC Unit isn't causing it what else could it be on my Car? The Switch on the Steering Column "seems" fine, but is difficult to replace so that's my last resort.

Where all does the connectors wiring run? Could have damaged a wire changing the Brake Booster.

Any ideas are very welcome.

I travel on the highway about 600miles each week, to me it's fairly vital lol I unplugged the vacuum line that goes under my Master Cylinder and it released a bunch of compressed air so I'm guessing that's intact. What about this switch with the pedal where's it at? There's several down there.

Ahh, fair enough :lol:

1. WHAT CAR IS THIS???

2. Where is your factory service manual? Probably under $30 on eBay. No excuse, even if the price would happen to be higher. Most all your questions are answered there.

3. My '92 and '93 cruise controls won't work when the vacuum supply to the reservoir ball ahead of the LF wheel is disrupted. At least back then, the cruise function was dependent on vacuum.

4. When I replaced the booster on my '92, removing the pushrod from the brake pedal allowed the pedal to swing out-of position, and "readjusted" the "self-adjusting" brake switch. It was a pure nightmare. I had to completely remove the switch and re-set it, then reinstall before the "self-adjusting" design would actually self-adjust. The '93 used an entirely different design of switch.

Vacuum line Schurkey mentioned I was accepting the possibility. Also yes I know what the unit looks like I actually replaced it yesterday. Problem still isn't fixed.

What else could it be? This all started after changing the Brake booster.

By inspecting it, I didn't literally mean check out the box. I meant check the other cable, because there's 2 cables that are in that area, and check the electrical components of it. This may be as simple as a disconnected clip.

As far as I can see all the plugs are plugged in. Even replugged them got so frustrated I even replaced every fuse in every box for good measure. The plugs seem fine theirselves.

1995 Monte Carlo.

Manuals for almost every make and model of every car

http://justgivemethedamnmanual.com

Mostly just tells you to wear your seatbelt and don't drink and drive lol

So if I unplug the wire from the back of the 2 white pressure plates that the brake pedal touches and then plug them up with the pedal rested properly on them it could start working? Figured that would be fine since the brake lights are fine.

Go to the link I posted it's got the original manual on there doesn't mention how to resolve problems spends about 30-50 pages on seatbelt safety and drinking and driving. The rest is telling you about accessories and fuse boxes. That was actually the first thing I checked was my manual lol it was just pointless though. I learned about the CC Set feature and that was about it.