1991 grand prix fuse issue

muddin2deep

Ok i just got a 90 grand prix(not 91 whoops!) from my future father in law for free(couldn't pass that up). I noticed the none of the interior lights work nor the door lock switches or cig lighter. So i tried to replace the fuse and POP it went. So i tried another POP! so i remember in my Cavalier that a coin would sometimes fall in the cig ligher. But nothing..... so does anyone have an idea where else to check? I dont really care about the interior light but the cig lighter is important for my cell charger. Any help and or idea would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!:biggrin:

Edited by muddin2deep

It's a wiring issue. It might be the cigarette lighter that's bad in itself. Have you tried to disconnect the connections on the cigarette lighter?

Try this...

Disconnect the factory one and get a replacement one from Auto Zone. Then tap into the wiring for the cig ligher (white is ground, orange is power iirc) and go from there. If it pops a fuse then it might be deeper than that.