Looking for light bulb part number

Gwain

I have a 1994 Cutlass Supreme convertible.

I'm looking for the replacement bulb part number for the bulbs that illuminate the steering wheel control buttons. These are the 4 button on the steering wheel that control Temps and Fan, radio Volume and mode selections.

The bulbs appear to be LED's but I can't find a part number listing in the owner's manual, the Factory Repair Manual, the auto parts or GM Dealers, or on-line searches. I have a bulb out but don't see a part number anywhere on it?

Thanks, Marc in sunny Florida

I bought some bulbs from Rock Auto. They turned out to be way too big and not a replacement. I bought them because they showed a twist-in base and were called "miniature".

Here's a picture of the box: (the part number was WAE-PC161)

post-8953-143689156185_thumb.jpg

Here's a pic of the two side by side:

post-8953-143689156198_thumb.jpg

Here's a close up of the bulbs I need:

post-8953-143689156212_thumb.jpg

These are from the steering wheel switches. They twist into the switch circuit board and take 1 per button (4 buttons). They twist in from the underside hence the solder buttons are the contacts.

The bulb and socket are 1 piece (the part on the left had the bulb broken).

I cannot find a reference any where for the part number. Examining the bulbs, on the bottom side I find the number 70 on both, and on one the number 7, on the other the number 12?

Marc in sunny Florida

Edited by Gwain

Wow, Dude, those are wierd! If the dealer can't get them you may be able to desolder them and solder some small bulbs in there. I truly imagined these being the tiny bulbs inside out HVAC switch assy, which, incidentally can be purchased at the place that fixes stereos and then you solder them in.

Or an L.E.D with a resistor to limit the current, 1K to 4.7K depending on how bright you want them, They can get dimmer even with higher resistances of course.

Edited by Imp558
The usual mind racing