New battery time

GaPrix

After about five years I now need a battery, I think this cold winter accelerated its death. I want to get a dual top/side post battery, but I'm not sure what will fit properly. I'll be able to better connect accessories and jump it or another car so much easier. Any suggestions?

I have thought about putting a top mounted battery in my CS for a while.

Problems. Washer fluid reservoir probably won't fit anymore. Obviously the cables need to be switched for a top mount battery. I think it might be more trouble than it's worth and that's why I haven't done it yet.

I would stick with the factory side post battery.

Yeah I took that reservoir out years ago. There are dual top and side post batteries, not just top mount only. Thats what I'm looking at, I can still run the main cables to the side and mount the extra bits on the top.

what's the equivalent to a group 75, but with top posts added in? i'm fairly certain that the ~3/4" of extra space the top posts would add to the height won't interfere with the washer fluid reservoir much if at all(though in this case, since it doesn't exist, not a problem at all).

also, i can't remember what the specifics of it were, but you can apparently run a group 78 on i think the 94+ cars? so a group 78+top post equivalent could also work.

Typically a battery life span is 72 months, right on par. Why don't you trunk mount and put in whatever you want?

As in a relocation? I'm thinking about that too. I'm not exactly sure how to go about that, as I havent looked deeply into it yet. That would open up options for other stuff.

next set-up I am doing will have a Rockford fosgate 10 Farad cap where the stock battery is. and deep cycle in the trunk.

the cap is going to tie everything together beautifully for me. its a small compact design with lots of fat cable terminals

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so I just put in the new batt and uh got nothing from the side post, however the top post are working as intended. Am I missing something, I put in new cables and I'm certain I installed them correctly. I guess I'll put the old one back on to rule out bad cables.

Side post and top post, you mean the actual lead posts on the battery or the post under the hood that the wire goes to?

Sorry, my battery lingo is not very good. I meant the actual lead post on the battery.

Test it with a multimeter or a test light. If you don't have either an old marker light assembly or something. If the post is dead, which I can't imagine how incidentally but strange things do happen, take the battery back.

I agree with lmp558. Depending on where you got the battery, they could test it for you, but the battery is more or less DOA and should be exchanged.

Ok I 'tested' it out, I mounted it to another car and nothing. For a moment I thought I managed to mess up a battery install. I had it replaced and having lead posts on the top is great, accessory connects are so much cleaner. Thanks.