Requesting pics of Z34 and GP Hood Vents

rich_e777

More specifically the underside of the hood locations of the drip pans. Ive had a decent set of Z34 vents and pans and I`ll be getting a new hood soon and I would like to mount them on it. I am also curious as to where the drip pans channel the water through the engine bay. That's what the pans appear to do to me anyways when I pulled them off the other car. Also interested in any feedback/issues that hood vent car owners have had.

And what a sad looking beautiful reddish/burgundy Z34 it was too. Poor girl, If I had a place for it I would have taken it. Bad clear coat was the only problem I saw on it, not a single dent or scratch!!!! Long crushed by now though

Cool:thumbsup: Going to practice on my current hood before attempting on the donor, might should line up a third hood in case.:lol:

The idea of painting the drip pans and having a few LEDs or neon back light the vents just occurred to me. Could re purpose the wire going to the underhood light and include a toggle switch instead of the existing switch. A chin rubbing session now ensues.:think:

Let us know when you drop the under-hood insulation. The story I heard is that all the hoods are marked for the vents, only the sporty-cars had the holes punched and the vents and trays installed.

I've got a set of Lumina Z34 vents and trays, haven't gotten up enough ambition to remove the insulation and see for myself.

My insulation was torn up when I got the car and I`ve been meaning to replace it with something I can paint an Olds logo on. I remember on the Z34 hood there were three screws or some of those cheap self tapping washers on or near the metal tabs the insulation sits in. Its been at least a year and some months though but I remember thinking taking them off the underside of both hoods looked identical.

I believe the holes for the screws are already in mine. I noticed several after I pulled the insulation out. When it stops raining I can get out and see.

The vents chanel down the fenders, checked that when i pulled some vents off a 92 z34 for 9regalgs2 :)

That makes more sense, had them backwards. If they are known to leak I had thought to make plugs or covers for when it rains.

The drip pans ALMOST contour to the metal under the hood and they ALMOST line up with what look to be painted over plugs where the two screws at the drain side are. The other holes found underneath the hood are nowhere near where I need them to be. With some modification I can mount them no problem. There is even a notch cut out in the fender to allow the drain to fit when the hood is closed, but its 1/2 inch off where I need it to be. All this adds up to me thinking there where plans for some sort of hood vents for the Cutlass but maybe the idea was scrapped after production had started or something.