Strut replacement

Bizzo

Has anyone recently had there struts in there w-body done by a garage? If so what's the typical cost to get it done...i'm looking at getting some mornroe sensatrac's I'd like some KYB's but nobody around here sell them. Thanks

Too F-ing much. Better find a fair mechanic. I think a shop will charge 500 for just 2.

RAPED!

I was charged no more than $275 for all four...

But I provided my own struts.

- Erik

I got a sweet deal on my KYB gr2s

Go to http://www.tirerack.com and they should have them!. they are about 20% cheaper then a KYB retailer on location.

this is what i got.

2 KYB GR-2 Cartridge In Stock $35.00

2 KYB GR-2 Strut In Stock $57.00

4 KYB Strut Boot In Stock $12.00

2 KYB Strut & Shock Mount In Stock $26.00

2 KYB Strut & Shock Mount In Stock $66.00

Order Total "Including Shipping": $457.32

comepair that to GM OEM repalacements $660.00 off the shelf no shipping

$202.68 SAVEINGS!!! + savings from oem shipping

i went to a place called Rons tire. (local mom pop shop) not a bad place.

i got them installed in 2 days.. they had to order some bolts and the rear struts were not sloted. but i didnt complain

install of boots, mounts, struts, front alignment, state inspection, plus a 10 dollor charge for having to work with my stereo in the trunk. lol no room :lol: the bill came to 290 bux total.

total cost $747.32 including state inspecion alignment and bogus $10 fee for working with my system in the back.

car rides GREAT!

I hope this helps you out!

Has anyone recently had there struts in there w-body done by a garage? If so what's the typical cost to get it done...i'm looking at getting some mornroe sensatrac's I'd like some KYB's but nobody around here sell them. Thanks

i have nothing against monroe but kyb seems to be the cream of the crop. read my privious post where to get kyb struts

Yeah I would like the KYB's the problem is finding a mechanic with the tools, that will do it and a fair price. Seems like the garage's are the only ones who want to do them but at high prices...maybe i'll shop around for a mom & pa garage.

Well mornroe are pretty good struts.I got some installed for $50.00,the was for the labour,real good family friend.The things i had to buy were struts I bought one mornroe strut at regular price and got the second one for half price.Came to about $110 for both with tax and life time warrenty.I also had to buy a topmount and boot because mine were garbage,$10 dollars at juck yard.

It probly cost me 170 for the 2 rear struts.If you are going to get the fronts done that's alot more even at little shops.If i wanted to get my fronts done.They were going to charge me 50 per strut ( they are supost to be real good friends off the family) :roll: because they have to compress the spring to slide the strut out.Two much money for me.

It's not that much if you can find someone under the table :wink:

On my car 1990 Oldsmobile, I don't have to replace the strut because it only needs to replace the strut cartridge. Simple to do with the loaner tools from Autozone. The strut cartridge is accessible from the top.