Quick VATS and Key Question for a 96 Regal

The Guz

Hi guys. Just a quick question regarding the VATS system and a new key. Does anyone know if a key relearn has to be performed on a 96 buick regal when getting a new key? Of course the proper rated key will be used.

I love my cop car and the lack of VATS

you actually have a VATS module in-car, but since some of the wiring isn't present, it is technically still in an unprogrammed state. could sell it for the price of a new module if you wanted, since they only self-program once.

Thanks. I could not remember if there was or not.

This is my mom's car. From what I was told my dad bent the original key so I ordered a replacement. The original key still works but it needs a little jiggling for it to go in and be take n out.

I gave my dad the spare key which he had cut it worked for a few days. The security light came on and the car would not start.

Passkey I was a resistor in the key and a 30 Hz signal from the Passkey module to the PCM.

Passkey II was the same but with a 50 Hz signal, some later cars got a tranponder key to tell the Passkey module (or the BCM in some cars) the key was the correct one.

Passkey III is a transponder key and and the frequency that used to travel on the Blue Passkey wire into the PCM was replaced by Class II serial data communications.

*It's a neat point of interest that some cadillacs didn't have a Passkey III module or Passkey III from the BCM, they had the Passkey module built into the Instrument panel.

What pk did a 2000 gp gt have? I had a 99 and it had a visable chip. My buddies 2000 doesnt?

Passkey I was a resistor in the key and a 30 Hz signal from the Passkey module to the PCM.

Passkey II was the same but with a 50 Hz signal, some later cars got a tranponder key to tell the Passkey module (or the BCM in some cars) the key was the correct one.

Passkey III is a transponder key and and the frequency that used to travel on the Blue Passkey wire into the PCM was replaced by Class II serial data communications.

*It's a neat point of interest that some cadillacs didn't have a Passkey III module or Passkey III from the BCM, they had the Passkey module built into the Instrument panel.

I believe that still passkey II, Sounds like it has the transponder key. One way to see if its pk3 Is to check the computer pinout for a wire called vtd Fuel enable, it should be blue. If it has that wire its pk2