Daggar

Ok my reverse lights are out. Anyone know what fuse it is and where it is located? Failing it's the fuse where is the reverse light switch located? is it on the shifter or on the transmission?

5-Speed btw

Thanks

The switch should be on the top of the tranny. 2 back wires coming out that plug in to a harness. At least that's how it is on the 282 in my TGP.

Chances are it's the fuse. It's on the same fuse as your trunk courtesy light.

Chances are it's the fuse. It's on the same fuse as your trunk courtesy light.

Hmm thanks I also noticed the tunk release is not working either so thats probably it. However when I bought this car it did not come with a manual. Another thing how does the trunk light work. I have a feeling this car was used for shady dealings and the trunk light has not worked since I bought it. (Revere Lights worked before) It's a real PITA to see at night and the bulb is not blown so what gives?

Ok.. allow me to correct myself.. :oops:

When i read your post, I remembered that it's not the trunk light that is on the fuse.. it's the trunk release.

My lumina would blow that fuse everytime I put it in to reverse leaving me with no trunk release.. The problem was in the bulbs.. replaced them and it was fine.

The trunk light works by a mercury switch in (or by) the socket itself. If that doesn't work, chances are the bulb is burned out.. or broken, like the one in my TGP is. 8)

Bah no go. I checked all the fuses under the hood and replaced the trunk release. Checked all the glove box fuses, checked the accessory center under the dash so I guess it's the switch :P Unless I'm missing 1 more?

I've had the same problem for a while now... My revese lights don't work and the trunk wont pop either... And all my fuses are good also.. Soooo if some1 knows how to fix it you'll be the man... :D

-Chris