ongoing problem with drivers side window motor.

mchill07

in the past 6 months I have replaced the window motor twice. This is my 95' grand prix 2dr. Both times it did the same thing, which is getting stuck in the up position. I replace the motor again last week and it also is having the same problem. if I shut the door hard it Frees it and it works fine for a while. I don't think the motor is the issue, it has plenty of torque the window goes up and down smoothly and quickly. the regulator spring has plenty of Tension and no teeth are broken. When.I.replaced the motor i made sure the regulator had plenty of grease.

If anyone knows something I dont, please tell me. Its about to make me insane.

When they start dying, they do start to intermittently work and often get stuck. Hitting the motor itself or closing the door hard can manipulate them into working for a short time. What motors have you been swapping in out of curiosity?

Window is stuck in the up/closed position yet again. Tested the wiring, checks ok...when i press the down button the motor is drawing amps, and the interior lights dim. Something mechanical is not right. Its something in the regulator. Just not sure.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Camaro's burn up motor because of not enough current available. Try running a power wire from the battery to supply power. Use the current power from the switch to trigger relays. This makes the window motors on the Camaro's faster and last much longer. It could be old wiring or another issue, but that should remedy it being a wiring or low voltage issue.

Edited by Leadfoot

I use this in the window tracks of my car, Liquid Wrench M914 Heavy Duty Silicone Spray Lubricant. Liquid Wrench also makes a Dry lube for window tracks but I find this works best for me.

What I do is give the tracks a few good coats and run the window up/down a few times.

I should say I coat the H#ll out of the tracks, I dont care about any dripping into the bottom of the door cause it might just help prevent rusting.

Noticable improvement in how fast the window goes up/down, They dont EVER seam to stick or drag now,

Windows go up/down way more easily.