Power lock problems

revnrob

SO today I noticed that my power locks will only work when the doors are closed and the motor running or key in the run position. or if the motor was just shut off but no doors where opend yet.

Locks wont work if doors are open and motor is off/key off.

Locks wont work if doors are closed and motor is off/key off

Locks will work if doors are closed and motor is running/key in run

Locks will work if doors are closed and motor was just shut off/key off, but as soon as you open the doors the locks stop working.

The door pin switch for the interior light is clean and working fine.

Factory key fob works all the time as it should.

If I have the door open and push the door pin switch the locks work,let the switch out, the lock stop working.

I never would have thought the power locks would be connected to the door switch, but if the door switch see's the door is open the locks have no power,but if the door switch see's the door is closed the lock have power.

This is a new development,, they worked this morning normaly but this afternoon they only work when the door is closed,,,,

WTH is going on?

Edited by revnrob

Turns out to be a bad fuse of all things. The fuse looked ok but it was bad ,but you couldnt tell by looking at it,,,it didnt look blown at all,,,,had to get the multimeter to verify it.