Nas Escobar

I swapped the TPS twice and it does nothing. The idle at 2000 RPM only happens when I shift from "D" to neutral. If I hold the brake on D at a stop light, it idles around 800/1000 but it shakes as if the car wants to shut off (which I assume is the byproduct of the fact that the car runs lean.

Just curious it's been some time with no post, did you get this issue resolved?

I had the same issue, and discovered a vacuum leak at the trottle body where the grommet on the breather tube (?) had disintegrated, allowing a leak. Now it idles as it should.

Edited by goumba
Spelling and grammatical fixes

Just curious it's been some time with no post, did you get this issue resolved?

I had the same issue, and discovered a vacuum leak at the trottle body where the grommet on the breather tube (?) had disintegrated, allowing a leak. Now it idles as it should.

I let this thread go since I then started the LIM gasket thread.

The reason this car would surge and cut off until warmed up was because the LIM gasket was done for. I swapped it out, swapped the injector o rings, the O2 sensor, and redid my intake and now the car runs perfect. I later on had some trans issues that were because of the vacuum modulator being disconnected but that too has been solved. All I need to do now is do a trans oil change and a filter change.