Remote Start wiring 95 GP

revnrob

I am installing a remote start (Compustar CS-700s) (remote start only).

I have most of it hooked up already but just wanted to run it passed the forum to double check what I have already hooked up and what I am missing.

I am just going to post all the wires on the remote start and hope people will chim in as to where to find the correct color and location on the car to wires to splice into.

I already found the ignition harness on the drivers side on the right side of the colum, and the door wires/connector in the drivers kick panel.

This seams really easy but I have never installed one before and I havent saw a install guide here, So maybe this could be a sticky cause I am sure most of the wires are the same for alot of remote starts.

So if anyone know's what wires get hooked up where chim in , copy paste ect. Thanks a million!!

Connector 1 on remote start module harness

Red---Constant 12V(+) positive power input.

12V(+) at all times.

Green/White---This is the positive (+) parking light wire that triggers when you lock and unlock the doors and remote start the vehicle.

Red/White---Constant 12V(+) positive power input. 12V(+) at all times.

White---Accessory 12V positive (+) output.This wire must be connected to the vehicle accessory/HVAC blower motor wire.

The proper wire will test--- 0V in the off position---12V(+) in the run position---0V while cranking and return to 12V(+) when key is returned to the on position.

Blue---Positive 12V(+) output that powers up during remote start. The behavior of this wire is selectable by a jumper wire inside the control module.

By default this wire powers up as a 2nd Ignition trigger. It is changeable to a 2nd Starter or 2nd Accessory.

Yellow---Starter 12V(+) positive output. This wire must be connected for remote start.

The proper wire will test--- 0V in the off position---0V in the run position---12V(+) during crank.

Green---Ignition 12V(+) positive output and input. This wire must be connected to the vehicles ignition for the remote start and valet/remote programming.

The proper wire will test--- 0V in the off position---12V(+) while in the run and crank position.

Black---Ground negative(-). Vehicle ground.

Connector 2 on remote start module harness.

Green/White---Parking light 250mA negative (-) output.

The proper wire will test (-) when the parking light switch is in the on position.

Red/Black---2nd Starter 250mA negative (-) output.

This output can be used to trigger a relay to power a 2nd Starter wire on the vehicle-----Common on newer Toyotas and Nissans.. (I am pretty sure I dont use this wire.)

White/Black---2nd Accessory 250mA negative (-) output.

This output can be used to trigger the pre-wired relay location on the main ignition harness.

Black---Status/Ground while running 250mA negative (-) output.

This is a optional output that will provide a negative (-) output before the ignition cranks and stay on throughout the remote start duration.

This wire is commonly used to trigger bypass/transponder modules. (I dont think I need this wire eather, I solderd resistors in place of my key.)

Orange---Factory Arm 250mA negative (-) output.

This is a optional output that will provide a (-) pulse during lock,after crank and after the ignition shuts down. (I dont think I need this wire)

Orange/White---Factory Disarm 250mA negative (-) output.

This is a optional output that will provide a (-) pulse during unlock and prior to ignition turning on. (I dont think I need this wire)

White---Horn honk 250mA negative (-) output.

This is a optional output that will pulse the factory horn, The proper wire will show ground (-) while the horn is sounding.

Gray/Black---Hood pin negative.

Light Blue/White--Brake 12V(+) input.

This wire must be connected as it provides a shut down for the remote start, The proper wire will test 12V(+) while the foot brake is pressed.

Red/White---This wire is a negative (-) pulseinput for triggering the remote start sequence.

This wire allows you to use the module as a slave remote starter that can be controlled by the factory OEM remote. (I dont think I need this wire,, I will use the remote starters remote.)

Red---This wire is a (+) pulse input for triggering the remote start sequence.

This wire allows you to use the module as a slave remote starter that can be controlled by the factory OEM remote. (I dont think I need this wire,, I will use the remote starters remote.)

Yellow/Black---Engine sensing input. This wire connects to the vehicles tach.

Connector 3 on remote start harness.

Violet/White---Trunk release250mA negative (-) output.

Blue---Unlock 250mA negative (-) output.

This is a optional output that will provide a (-) pulse for unlocking doors.

Important; You must use relays to reverse polarity for (+) trigger door locks systems.

Blue/Black---Lock 250mA negative (-) output.

This is a optional output that will provide a (-) pulse for locking doors.

Important; You must use relays to reverse polarity for (+) trigger door lock systems.

Orange/Black---2nd Pulse unlock wire.

This wire is used to provide driver's door priority unlock.

With this the ( blue) wire will pulse first and then (orange/black) will pulse iff the unlock button is pressed again within 3 seconds

Edited by revnrob

Does anybody know the correct wires for the door locks?

I thought they were Light Blue and Black,

I cant get them to work with the remote start fob. Do I need to use the relay to reverse the polarity?

Here you can find your vehicle specific wiring diagram: http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.aspx

Lock wire is light blue, unlock is white. You will need 2 relays (one for each function) to reverse the polarity so that it is a 12v+ output to the corresponding lock/ unlock wires.

Edit: made a crude schematic for you in paint

post-3334-143689148348_thumb.jpg

Edited by carkhz316