One problem down, now to diagnose the other...

Deacon

As you all know I got into my car on the drivers side after we thawed out some here in Michigan. The temp, as I write this, is 37F.

I looking on to getting in to the passenger door now and I'm trying to do some diagnosis as to what the problem might be, here is what the side effects are.

1. Passenger door will not open.

2. Outside door handle does not "flopp."

3. I have electric locks and after removing interior lock face plate, it appears that it moves all the way forward and back to lock and unlock.

4. Manually locking/unlocking door from outside doesn't help. Neither does locking/unlocking from inside.

5. When temps reach 85F or higher, the damn thing decides to open.:shrug: :cussing:Maybe.

My first question is, how do I get the door open in the first place without destroying it or any parts to ultimately get into the door guts itself?

The handle on the inside doesn't work? Probably have to remove the interior door handle ant try pulling the rod with vise grips. Be careful with the little plastic clips on the rod.

does either handle feel like it is doing anything? basically any tension?try this, pull on the outside handle and bump the door around the latch, sometimes it will pop right open. I use my hip to give it a bump and I have pretty good luck with it. been awhile though since I had one

Rockfangd idea is good. When I can't open the door especially at the junkyard pull the inside handle open and then I kick the door from the inside and it usually will open up.

Thanks for the ideas guys.

Well, I pushed, pulled, bumped, kicked and twisted. :shrug: Unfortunately, all to no avail, the door is still firmly shut.

So either the locking thing-a-m-bob isn't unlocking or the door handle whamacallit isn't engaging to open the door.

So for now, I don't know. :cussing::damnit1: