Starting issues

BlkndGoldCutlass

I'm having a bit of an issue with my 93 cutlass supreme 3.4l. The car will crank but won't start. It has a new fuel pump and filter but the pump won't turn on. I can use the test lead to run them and it all works fine and dandy but it won't do anything when I try to start it. I have power to and from the fuel pump fuse when I tested it with my test light. But what I did find was that I had no power to or from my ECM fuse. What might cause that?

If any of you fellas have an idea what might be going on the insight would be very appreciated. Thank you

Edited by BlkndGoldCutlass

Had the same prob with my 97 monte, was a short in the wiring :)

I'm having a bit of an issue with my 93 cutlass supreme 3.4l. The car will crank but won't start. It has a new fuel pump and filter but they won't turn on. I can use the test lead to run them and it all works fine and dandy but it won't do anything when I try to start it. I have power to and from the fuel pump fuse when I tested it with my test light. But what I did find was that I had no power to or from my ECM fuse. What might cause that?

If any of you fellas have an idea what might be going on the insight would be very appreciated. Thank you

I'm having a bit of an issue with my 93 cutlass supreme 3.4l. The car will crank but won't start. It has a new fuel pump and filter but the pump won't turn on. I can use the test lead to run them and it all works fine and dandy but it won't do anything when I try to start it. I have power to and from the fuel pump fuse when I tested it with my test light. But what I did find was that I had no power to or from my ECM fuse. What might cause that?

Does it have a fuel pump relay ? Do you have the wiring diagram ? If I recall , some GM vehicles rout the fuel pump circuit through an oil pressure switch / sensor ?

God bless

Wyr

I dont have a way to upload diagrams :(

Does it have a fuel pump relay ? Do you have the wiring diagram ? If I recall , some GM vehicles rout the fuel pump circuit through an oil pressure switch / sensor ?

God bless

Wyr

Yeah it has a relay and that checks out good. I don't have a diagram on hand. I'm more concerned about not having power to the ECM fuse tho. Now that I think about it I did here something pop on the drivers side of the firewall in the engine bay. Not sure what's down there that would do this.

I had no power to or from my ECM fuse.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Buy a service manual that includes a wiring diagram. Trace the ECM fuse back to it's power source. Repair as needed.