2 stupid questions

91cutty

1 - is my power moonroof supposed to stop between the open and flipped up position or is it just supposed to make those clicking noises when it's in the right position?

2 - if the block on the gen II and III motors are almost the same then why can't you use a cam from a gen II motor on the gen III?

my power sun/moon roof stops when I have it slid back and hold the button down to get it to flip up. I think it is so that we can tell when it is fully closed and sealed so no water will leak.

my power sun/moon roof stops when I have it slid back and hold the button down to get it to flip up

argh... added another item to my "to fix" list.

BTW does anyone know how to fix this? Is there some kinda switch or sensor that stops the motor once it has reached the closed position?

1 - is my power moonroof supposed to stop between the open and flipped up position or is it just supposed to make those clicking noises when it's in the right position?

2 - if the block on the gen II and III motors are almost the same then why can't you use a cam from a gen II motor on the gen III?

Then Gen III block has more oil passages for the roller cam and has a cam sensor in block for the SFI. I guess you could use a cam for a Gen II in a Gen III, but why? Its easier to get a junk 3.1L and build it up, than to try and put a bunch of Gen II parts on the Gen III

the way i see it is... why put an entire top end from a gen 3 for better performance on my gen 2 if i could just use a gen 3 in the first place. It would almost be cheaper to get a whole gen 3 than to get heads, intakes, tb, fuel rail, etc.