HEATER HOSE OUTLET

deftonesrocker

Just want to make sure real quick that the outlet hose on the 3.4 X vin is the one that routes to the bottom of the throttle body???? 1996 Pontiac GP GTP Im about to send some pressure and flush through it but have not found a site that says that is the right hose to do it with ----- heater core clogged up and my drain plintle at the bottom of my radiator is clogged up as well. FUN right? I have a replacement for the drain pintle but what is the best way to go about removing it without snapping the back side off into the radiator? the tabs on the pintle are also snapped-----I think some idiot ran some head gasket seal through the engine a few too many times when procrastinating an intake manifold gasket repair.

not sure... but I always send water at pressure both ways through the heater core a few times.

I use a garden hose and use a "male end hose repair kit" coupled with an inline valve between the hose end and the repair kit to turn the hose on and off at the car. works great every time...

Alright, that hose worked just fine with the flush. I actually put one of those prestone back flushing T's in-line. As for the drain COCK I got the old one out and the new one in, however it still will not drain out the bottom of the radiator even after the back flush. All I did was pull and twist real hard until the metal tab worked its way through the groove. I'm thinking I will replace the whole radiator one of these days as its starting to look pretty beat up.

Just got the HUD installed tonight and custom cut the dash. -didnt have to do any wiring cuz I found the right year projector and the electrical was already in place-just taped up and hidden by the factory. I would love to slap a DIC in there now but I dont really see the use. Speaking of DIC my engine keeps throwing the cylinder 3 misfire code. and only when it is idling. anybody ever get that? I think that maybe oil is seeping into my spark plug hole. thats all I can really tell from how deep I've been lately ...good amount of oil getting in there but not enough to drown it. Would have to get the plenum off to swap that back valve cover gasket and im thinking about doing the alternator at the same time....maybe a high output alternator. Also put a 3" K&N cold air intake on and I can really feel a pretty good gain at higher RPM's >4000. I have a leaky exhaust so I need to get some backpressure going too this week. LONG POST but I'm keeping busy. I will definately finally put some pictures up by the end of the weekend and post how I figured out my hole in the dash for the HUD. gotta have a ruler or tape measure ( i used ruler), some chalk, a real good set of boobie watchers and the courage to just cut the damn thing!! and by the way if you can borrow a cheap laser guided jig saw from your work or buddy it will make you feel way better about the cut........you want that thing lookin pretty trust me it is a huge hole.

Defiantly want to see some pics, wish I could help with advice on the 3.4 DOHC but never really worked on one and not sure what to tell you about the oil leak. A high flow K&N or Spectre will give you better throttle response but wont really increase power, and if its a cone filter you have wasted your money unless you plan to build a true cold air intake system that breathes outside of the engine bay. As for the dash IIRC it has a few layers to it so some kind of sealant or epoxy on it where you made your cut might help keep it together. Once saw a hole where a HUD had been and the dash was splitting layers.

Yes the air intake-- I plan on forcing some air into it I just have to buy a couple things tomorrow to get it done. Thought about cutting the louvers on the hood to allow more air in on that side and connect a 3" hose to force the air into the box I'm making to contain the filter. Awesome advice for the hole in the dash I tried forcing some vaccum hose that I cut a slit in with a razor blade over the lip but that went about as fast as a river of mollases in january. My dash is pretty darn fragile, I will definately follow through with that sealer.

Thanks man :thumbsup:

Yes the air intake-- I plan on forcing some air into it I just have to buy a couple things tomorrow to get it done. Thought about cutting the louvers on the hood to allow more air in on that side and connect a 3" hose to force the air into the box I'm making to contain the filter. Awesome advice for the hole in the dash I tried forcing some vaccum hose that I cut a slit in with a razor blade over the lip but that went about as fast as a river of mollases in january. My dash is pretty darn fragile, I will definately follow through with that sealer.

Thanks man :thumbsup:

I think you might be on to something cutting that vacuum hose like that. It would make for a cleaner looking reveal line after your install. If you cut your louvers which Im thinking you meant the louver drip pans underneath right? If you did that they wont function right by redirecting any water or spilled liquids straight through the engine bay to the ground. I`ve pondered over the idea of a multiple inlet system for air intake but without actually looking at the real estate available its harder to come up with ideas. Also I haven't thought up a good idea to prevent rain/snow water from being ingested by the engine as I want to use my lower foglight wells as intakes and replace those fogs with something considerably more bright. Or have a badass looking scoop intake on the hood.