Turn Signal Switch has 2 extra wires.

yorxs

Replacing a troublesome switch on a 93 GP with radio controls. Tthe old switch has 2 extra wires that the new switch doesn't, #9 lime green & #10 light pink. Can't tell where the wires go, but they don't drop down the column like the rest of the wires. They possibly go to the key cylinder?

Anyone know what these wires do or the side effect of not connecting them?

Plan B was to remove the wires from the old harness and put them in the new one, even after pulling the white clip that holds the wires in, I couldn't figure out how they remove. I didn't want to pry them to much in case I get stuck using the odl switch.

Is it possible to transpant these?

Looking online I see with Radio Controls switchs with 13 wires, I can't seem to find the 15 wire version mine has. Help!

post-6183-143689142769_thumb.jpg

Yes, swap them. You will needs a paperclip or the very smallest jewelers screwdriver to release them. You've already removed the retainer, do try to be more gentle with it, though... then you access the release from the side facing down in the pic along the top center of the clip... there will be kind of the "keystone" gap at the connector's port when the release inserts.

You saved my butt again. I had to poke them from the bottom side, the female end, I couldn't get them to pop from where the wires enter the black housing.

BTW, do you know what these 2 wires do? I was thinking they were the keys in ignition chime.