a bit more then 40 on the ol' fuel pressure meter

Chris2012

My friend had it connected while I turned the key. He claims he saw 44, then it dropped. What I saw was 40.5 psi.

Yon Haynes manual says operating range 40 - 47.

I hate 2nd guessing ...

Chilton manual says 41-47 psi so close enough. Btw haynes manuals are junk.

My friend had it connected while I turned the key. He claims he saw 44, then it dropped. What I saw was 40.5 psi.

Yon Haynes manual says operating range 40 - 47.

I hate 2nd guessing ...

Chilton manual says 41-47 psi so close enough. Btw haynes manuals are junk.

The Chilton manuals I've seen assume they'll be read by mechanics.

The haynes manual I had for my old Le Baron very successfully walked me through changing my timing belt (and water pump). I had never unbolted an engine mount, didn't know what top dead center was, never saw a timing mark. In retrospect a straitforward process, but I have to owe my success to the clarity of the manual. They may not be perfect, but they've served me well. In fact When I had my old Beretta the drawings in the Haynes were the same drawings seen in the Chevy service manual, which I never really used.

Oh 1992 3.1 mpfi Lumina for this thread. Anyone have the chevy manual? Dos the range start at 40 or 41?

The factory manual states 40.5 to 47psi for key on, engine off pressure. The range specified is so the engine performs as intended. They will start with lower pressures than that for what it's worth.

The factory manual states 40.5 to 47psi for key on, engine off pressure. The range specified is so the engine performs as intended. They will start with lower pressures than that for what it's worth.

Thanks.

And for crazy question, is their anything that can be done, say an additive maybe, that could coax a borderline pump to do what.it otherwise can't? Even if it were to just get the beast home ...

Not ffor my situation, just wondering.

That's right at the bottom of the acceptable listed range so it's fine so long as volume is being properly supplied.

It gushes when you press the Shrader valve all the way. All over the plenum, all over my hand.