Adding keyless entery to 1994 Olds Cutlass 4 Dr

derkach99

Hello again,

Just a quick question, how easy is it if at all to install stock keyless entry into the car? It is to my knowledge that the car did not come with this option.

Alex

It's fairly easy. I added a 1994 CS RKE to a 1991 Chevy Blazer 4 door and it was pretty straightforward. I'm sure the wiring diagram is floating around here somewhere.

It's fairly easy. I added a 1994 CS RKE to a 1991 Chevy Blazer 4 door and it was pretty straightforward. I'm sure the wiring diagram is floating around here somewhere.

Can you tell me how you got it out of the cutlsss

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Give us more info. Would be nice to add this to the SL. The my international has this option.

Can anyone tell me what I will need to pull off a donor car and where I might find the parts? Also how much wiring will I need to do?
You will need the RKE unti and the connectors with as much wiring as you can get.

Can you tell me how you got it out of the cutlsss

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

It's located under the rear parcel shelf next to the right rear speaker, black box - early ones have one connector and are not as reliable and later ones have two connectors.

Give us more info. Would be nice to add this to the SL. The my international has this option.

I'll see if i can find it, I might have the diagram somewhere on my computer, I know I have the service manuals.

Yeah, it can be hard to get to. If the package tray is already bad then I'd just rip it out of there. The RKE is just sitting there, it's not bolted in or anything.

I've pulled a bunch of those harnesses. It takes a lot of patience to remove it from a junkyard car, just find the module and work your way back the harness to the wires ends in splices or whatever.

I've pulled a bunch of those harnesses. It takes a lot of patience to remove it from a junkyard car, just find the module and work your way back the harness to the wires ends in splices or whatever.

On the box there is two lines of wires, one that works its way under the seat and to the front of the car and one that works its way to the back of the car. Which one do I pull? also does the wire that runs to the back of the car also connects to the rear tail lights?

Update

I went to the junk yard today and I came to a bad conclusion. I manages to chase the harness to the front of the car and it branches into a Y split and one goes to a connector and one disappears under the passenger side dashboard. Any ideas?

Exactly. I put mine in a car that never had it as an option, had to use service manuals to figure out where everything was ment to go, but in the end its rather easy, at least for the early units.

solder. yes. I have done the same and will do so again.

Yes, you may have some wires that must be cut and rerouted. WHen i have done thsi job i have pulled the interior out and went whole hug on the project and got it done. 2 cars down, with more to go.

solder. yes. I have done the same and will do so again.

Yes, you may have some wires that must be cut and rerouted. WHen i have done thsi job i have pulled the interior out and went whole hug on the project and got it done. 2 cars down, with more to go.

What exactly do you mean by rerouted and which wires? Also what do you mean by the whole hug? Where should I cut the harness?

There is some minor rewiring required if you want to wire it up like factory with progressive unlocking (press once for drivers door, press twice for the rest). That's probably why cars without it were never prewired for it.

There is some minor rewiring required if you want to wire it up like factory with progressive unlocking (press once for drivers door, press twice for the rest). That's probably why cars without it were never prewired for it.

that is one place, also the other place I recall is the trunk pop wire may or may not need routed through the module. Wiring diagrams will have all the info you shall need.

I typoed back there... I meant to say "whole hog" or to say i went 100% and had everything in the way pulled to do the job.

Trunk pop is probably the most difficult feature to make work right, and its not very hard at all. The progressive unlocking is easy, its a tan wire that you remove and replace. Get the diagrams for it, and the car its out of. and If your car had it as an option its that much easier to add in.

I've added it to a 92' Lumina that was never meant to have it. and to a 95' Grand Prix that could have had it and in both situations it was easy enough to add it in and have everything work as it was meant to work...

A car that could have had it as an option is the best way to go about it as the wiring colours line up right and in my situation on the 95' GP the wires and factory splice points are in roughly the same places and the spots on the C200 connector under the dash are ready and waiting for the RKE input.

Trunk pop is probably the most difficult feature to make work right, and its not very hard at all. The progressive unlocking is easy, its a tan wire that you remove and replace. Get the diagrams for it, and the car its out of. and If your car had it as an option its that much easier to add in.

I've added it to a 92' Lumina that was never meant to have it. and to a 95' Grand Prix that could have had it and in both situations it was easy enough to add it in and have everything work as it was meant to work...

A car that could have had it as an option is the best way to go about it as the wiring colours line up right and in my situation on the 95' GP the wires and factory splice points are in roughly the same places and the spots on the C200 connector under the dash are ready and waiting for the RKE input.

Thanks for the response. My Cutlass could have came with it. I still have a couple of questions though. I am still undecided of where to cut the harness and what wires need to be spliced with what. I do have the service manual to the vehicle and I hope it will answer my questions but it is not available to me at the moment.

In your case it should be pretty easy to put it in... at least easier then It was for me on my Lumina.

as far as where to cut.... follow the wires back to where they terminate into splices or fuse panels.

When i did it in a 95' GP i had an entire interior harness that I cut up back to the C200 and to every splice point, then when I laid it out in the car the wires practically fell into place, I just took apart some factory splices and soldered the new wires in with them and taped it back up. a 94' cutlass should be a bit easier since its RKE had less features/wires. downside is the module probably will need work, you can repair it yourself or get it repaired though.