defflepp1

so i was looking at a local auto insurance auction and i see a very clean red lumina 4 door. i look through the pics and it looks great, only a little spot of rust on the passenger rear wheel well, interior clean. then a pic of the engine, the 3.4 dual cam V6, WHAT!!!. i couldnt believe it a euro 3.4. so now the question comes, what is it worth? its got 120000 miles like i said very clean inside and out. the website does have a pre bid feature and currently it doesnt have one. so what would you guys pay for this? and how rare are these?

They are hard to find around me.

Does it say why it's at an insurance sale?

I would think you could pick it up from there for 500-800. Depends why it's there. At least thats the range I'd pay. Without any kind of test drive or hearing it run.

I do really have a love for these lq1 thou.

Got a vin?

Edited by Luke94vert

They've got this one close to me. Car has 50k on it but they are asking way too much. Something like $4500. I'm pretty sure it was a trade in probably from someone elderly because the interior looks new. It does have a little but of rust starting to show on passenger side lower rear quarter panel

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

ok so im REALLY thinking about getting this, the only thing that is holding me back is the serviceability. i know its going to be harder to work on than my other car(2003 grand marquis) but, i had a 92 Z34 and ended up getting rid of it cause i thought it needed an alternator(among many other reasons) so does anyone have a writeup for how to do that? since i don't know anything this car i kinda want to have all the bases cover in terms of immediate repairs and that is my biggest concern. also i found this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3fzI_ODZFI is this accurate(as long as i do it before it breaks)?

If you are afraid to work on the 3.4, don't buy one. If you are willing to dig and learn, then thats another story.

Value, Probably not worth much more then your standard Euro. When my girlfriend sold her old Euro 3.4 it took awhile to get $1200 out of it.

Did Chevrolet offer a 3.4L DOHC in a two-door that WASN'T a Z34?

Far as I know, a Euro 3.4 is a four-door version of the Z34, but without the nicer hood, grill, and trunk lid of the Z34.

Lift the hood of that white 2-door...I bet you find a 3.1 inside.

I`d low ball the offer and claim as an older car with the 3.4 blah, blah, blah. and you might can get a steal. I`d start at $400. Reasons being that given the age of the car most people wanting something cheap are not going to go for something so old. Scares them into thinking something big might be going wrong on it and don't want the pain of someone else's headache. Does it have maintenance records? If it does and they check out ok then I`d raise my price, but more than likely there are none and I wouldn't pay more than $999 for a potential LIM gasket or head gasket failure.

Edited by rich_e777

According to the VIN that is a 3.4 car. I've never seen a 2 door LQ1 Lumina that was not a Z34. By the looks (center tail piece and no wheel opening moldings) that is a 93 or 94. Question, I thought all Euro 3.4's came with body color outlined tail lights?

Around here, a decent 1st Gen Lumina doesn't exist, not even a base one. So given the fact it has 120k and is at least 20 years old, I'd say do not pay more than $800 for it not knowing any sort of history. The LQ1 could potentially need an alternator, timing belt, LIM gasket, head gasket, along with the possibility of rotted out trailering arms, subframe mounts and rear struts mounts. If you can verify all of the above are good, then price goes up. As said above, if you are afraid of the LQ1, don't buy it!

According to the VIN that is a 3.4 car. I've never seen a 2 door LQ1 Lumina that was not a Z34.

There are two different vehicles being discussed in this thread.

The original poster is looking at a red four-door. Someone else posted photos of a white two-door. The VIN is from the red four-door, so yeah, it's a Euro 3.4. The two-door is almost certainly a 3.1.

well i bought it!! got it for $500, which for a running and driving car i dont think thats too bad. im going to pick it up tomorrow then i can really look it over good, from what i could see on the preview day(no running). front suspension pretty worn, need tires(not a big deal i already have a set of snows) interior filthy, more rust than i thought but still not too bad. even with all of that i think i didnt do too bad, ill just have to wait and see when it gets home.