Prestolite 116057, 116049, 116055 red plug wires or?

pshojo

Ok, I am looking into the Red Prestolite wires. I see that the 116049 shows to be for 1990-1993. Why won't the 1993 set work on the 1995? From what I can see the 1996 model moved the ignition coil to the top. The 1995 still is under the exhaust manifold. So the 116049 shows to be for the 1990-1993, 116055 is for 1996, 116055 is for 1994-1995? The reason I ask is knowing before I buy, especially because the 1993 seems a lot cheaper...

has to be LQ1 with that description.

i don't know why 91-93 and 94-95 would be different.....?

the same thing happens with wiresets for the 3100s, they'll just randomly stop at a certain year, even though nothing actually changed.

There is set for 1990-1993 on eBay for $16. I was really tempted to get these while they are little cheaper if they would work. Could the depth be different, as far as how far they fit into valve covers? Or I should be ok with the 1993 set?

I'm pretty sure the 91-93 wires were routed differently and the rear three are considerably longer in length than the 94-95 ones. They will work just fine on a 94-95 engine and as long as you route them properly you shouldn't have any excess wire around the coil packs.

• 8 months later...

So are you saying the wires in front or rear are longer? If they are longer in the rear for 91-93 I will buy set. Since those still come in red.

From what I read, he said the back 3 cylinders (the ones by the firewall) had longer cables, but nothing too significant to warrant you getting the 94-95 ones.

I just got a set of prestolites a few weeks ago thinking they were delcos, as they were in a delco box. I can measure them for comparison if you would like.