Random Intermittent Electrical Issues Solved - Under Hood Fuse Block Replacement

NIHL8ION

Well I had fun this past Saturday lol... I was having intermittent & completely random codes thrown on my 96' GP. I pulled out my DMM and started doing some testing... I ended up finding that the passenger side front under hood fuse block wires and terminals were falling apart. The wires got so corroded that a lot of the connectors had already seemed to disintegrate, and moving it around would cause all hell to break loose. I went to a local bone yard and found my exact same car and as luck would have it - This one's wires and terminals looked great! I didn't want to swap the whole harness so I cut it out leaving as much wire on as I could... Paid $20 for it, went home and busted out a nice set of strippers, the heat gun, some solder shrink wrap connectors = 8 gauge, 10 gauge, and 18 gauge (Actually a LOT, not just some lol) and a cold beer and went to work... A few hours later and ALL of my car's random issues have been resolved! :biggrin: I put on a good 150 miles since the swap and no more CEL anymore and My A/C works again as well! $20, A few hours, & a few cold ones & I couldn't be happier with the results! post-9233-14368914102_thumb.jpg

post-9233-143689140914_thumb.jpg

post-9233-143689140935_thumb.jpg

post-9233-143689140969_thumb.jpg

post-9233-143689140987_thumb.jpg

post-9233-143689141001_thumb.jpg

Very clean work, sucks how the diagonal braces sit on top of them. I keep the cover off in case I need in there.
- TY :biggrin: & IKR... Lovely design they have there, and I especially love how my batt is buried under the windshield washer fluid reservoir, but I keep a descent set of tools on hand with me so no biggie, just makes certain things take a bit longer which is always fun lol:cheers:

Realistcally everything is laid out bass ackwards under our hoods, twice I pinched the cruise cable under the cap on the DS strut tower because it wrapped around in a circle rather than just going straight a foot or so. When I did the L67 swap I moved the cruise module into the DS fender way up front. Our coolant bottles are a thing of beauty too and I totally agree on the washer bottle.

• 2 weeks later...