1993 Cutlass gauge cluster question

True Blue

Good morning all, I have a 93 Cutlass supreme convertible with the (dial) type gauge cluster (tach, speedo, battery, temp, fuel gauges, idiot lights).

I have found a 1989 Cutlass Supreme International with the digital gauge cluster at my local junk yard that I may go get. Does anyone know if my 93 can accept the 89 cluster with the digital setup? I suspect there are quite a few components from the 89 car needed to make this happen. Any advise is appreciated on what I should look for to get off that junk car to make the switch.

ok, very good notes. I will print this and try the process.

I had also thought about taking the entire (dash) harness with the cluster when I take it off that 89. Would it not be just as easy to switch harnesses vs. sauder wires? Anything under the hood I should also try to ensure I get off that junk car in the process to make the conversion easier?:think:

i have seen some of these cars having a box (computer?) mounted below the air conditioner control center of the dash with the buttons to push to toggle between tach, MPG, gas consumption, etc. can't remember if this junk car had it or not. I am going to try to spend as much time as I can to get parts off it as possible. I confess I despise saudering wires and would rather plug and play.

i was always curious if the main control module for this computer was under the hood or all inside the car, mounted on the dash or under it.

this car still had the quad captains chairs and most parts still on the car. i hate to see these cars sitting in the junk yards-most likely due to engine problems due to lack of maintenance. These were very nice and desirable cars.

I personally would take as much of the wiring harness as possible.

As for the engine a oil pressure switch may or may not be needed since your car is a 93.