Is your car appraised

dkas

How many people have their cars appraised? I have an appraisal on mine and I am about to update it. When I got the car, I had it appraised for insurance purposes and it insured at $4800. 4 Years later, with a new roof, I am thinking it is more like $5800.

When my '92 Lumina was totalled, I had to fight the insurance company in (small-claims) court to get a proper settlement. Insurance company wanted to give me 2K, judge awarded closer to double that. Same story for my wife's '67 Dodge Dart GT: Insurance company started at $200, judge awarded $900, more than four times what the criminals at the insurance company tried to get by with. (That was a LONG time ago...)

An appraisal prior to the collision would have made things much easier. I have absolutely no idea who around here would do such a thing, or what it would cost.

Edited by Schurkey

From what I've seen it seems to be more of a Canadian (Onratio??) thing, since cars get considered "classic" or something at 20 years old. I've looked around my area and haven't really seen much in those services instead relying on you and a classic/specialty insurance company to settle on a "agreed on" value.

Yes.

Z34: $6500

TGP: $7000

Triple white 95 vert: $7500

GTP: $7500

Still need to have my Fiero and black 94 vert appraised.

Sent from my Motorola Dynatac 8000x using Tapatalk

Yup! My sedan was appraised at $4900 a few years back. Having an appraisal done every handful of years isn't a bad idea; I should have the Focus appraised sometime. So many cars are poorly maintained (lowering the average) that it hurts those of us who keep ours well-cared for if we need to be reimbursed.