1993 Cutlass Door Locks

chumychew

Hello.

I have a 1993 Cutlass Supreme Sedan 3.1 with approx. 70,000 miles.

About 2 months ago the auto door locks stopped working - they would not lock from the switch on the door or when you put the car in drive/reverse. The switch on the door did however open the door locks Although that seems to be failing too at times).

I replaced the chime/door lock module (located under the dash on the driver's side) with a used one purchased on eBay (I am assuming for purposes of this discussion that such purchased relay is correct and working) and no luck. I also took the car to the local GM dealer who after $150 in charges advised they could not find the problem. They advised they believe there is a short in the system (I am suspicious of that conclusion).

While I know many people would be happy to have the auto door lock feature inoperable, I want the car to be in original working condition.

If anyone has had this problem or has thoughts thereon (or even where I may find the the correct Lectron Prod. chime relay module specifically for a 1993 Cutlass), your thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Thanks again.

Rob

Look thru your local junkyards for similar 1stgen W-bodies, they should have a few. I'd get the switch from the door and the relay/circuit breaker from the electrical center under the dash, behind the passenger lower kickpanel and try those out. Should only cost you a couple bucks for those parts.