LQ1 and A/C Compressor removal

yorxs

I'm familiar with replacing A/C compressors, so I'm not asking how hard it is to replace a compressor, but how hard is it on an LQ1. I've replaced the power steering and waterpump and found access to be very easy, but I have heard the alternator is a tough one. How is the access on the compressor compare? Anyone know of a good writeup?

Clearance is achieved by removing passenger side fan. use a small flat head to pry the fan plug off, unless your fan has an auxilary pigtail (aka extension cord). two 10mm bolts hold the fan on. set it aside and don;t loose the bolts.

compressor is held on the front by three 13mm bolts, two 10mm on the back, plus the piping (13mm nut)

installation is pretty straight forward, but you might find it easy to loosen the rear bracket which is held to the block.

good enough quick guide?

Also, does this system use a fixed or variable inline orifice tube, is it dependent on if you have a variable compressor?

Should I be looking for it between the condensor and the accumulator?

Edited by yorxs