headlight troubleshoot

samkr2010

car: 2000 grand prix GTP four door.

hey guys, I'm obviously a new member here but not new to grand prix's but im actually dumbfounded by this issue that happened today and was wondering if you guys could shed some insight on whats possibly going on. so tonight I started my car and my DRL's were off and so i said oh ok i will just manually override them and go about my business. well the manual override didnt work either. I had absolutely no light so i said, well lets try the high beams. the high beams seemed to work and i was in a hurry so i jetted out and said sorry to everyone that i blinded on the way lol. well i almost get downtown and i get pulled over. apparently only one headlight worked with the high beams, I got off with a verbal fix it warning and i was back on my way. when i had 2 seconds to rub together i decided to check out some of the fuses and swap some and see if it was that. no dice there either. the whole ride home i was just waiting to get pulled over again and thankfully i didnt but still. so what could it be? i spent most of my night looking at fuse/relay diagrams and since its so late i cant just go to the parts store. and which relay and/or fuse would it be? the DRL fuse? the HDM relay? or just the generic 60A headlight fuse? or just the bulbs themselves? obviously one headlight is dead since it wont come on with the high beams but the other should work since the high beams work on the pass side. I drive a lot at night so i need this figured out ASAP. thank you for any help you can give me and im glad to be a part of the community.

TL:DR version: my low beams/daytime running lights are not working and only one side of my high beams work.

Test for power at the headlight connector. If you have power to the headlights, the bulbs are shot or the ground is defective.

If you don't have power at the headlight connector, the wiring/fuses/relays/headlight switch/harness/body control module is toast. Work backwards from the headlight connectors until you find power again.