1991 GTP stay away or buy , need help !!!

DiehardGM

Hey everyone , just created this account on here and hoping you guys can help me out ! I actually do have two w-body cars 95 and 98 monte Carlos both black and both 3.1, also have two 89 Z24's but anyhow , I have found a 1991 GTP with of course the DOHC 3.4 , the car has 63k one owner miles has never seen snow and has been garage kept and maintained since new , I have read numerous posts of people saying to stay away from that engine because of the timing belt oil leaking etc , just looking for some opinions !

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!!

3, 4 tops. cloth is cool. if it was leather, that low a mileage. It would be nice. but cloth will last longer.

go one year older and you would be turbocharged in basically the same car.

Yeah my buddy has a 90 TGP with 62k miles on it , the GTP I'm looking at is also a 5 speed , medium blue , metallic and literally showroom condition

6k though.. I would offer a bit less. knock off a grand at least and we can talk, but if it's showroom condition then you will probably never regret slightly overpaying.

$6k seems steep, but realistically how many factory 5 spd bright blue metallic GTP's are there left, let alone ones with 63k on them?

Alright I think I might get it, it is too nice of a car to let pass me by , but should I be concerned about the LQ1 ? Some say its good some say its a devil motor

Keep up on the maintenance (timing belt change intervals, regular oil changes) and its a great engine, I have 4.

Yeah I literally have been dreaming about this car since last Saturday when I found it on auto trader , I'm just hoping I can swallow my nerves and buy it , only down fall its 4 hours from my house :(

Devil motor? No...challenging in some areas to work on? Definitely yes...but I've been daily driving mine for nearly 4 years now...wouldn't trade it for anything.

Alright I think I might get it, it is too nice of a car to let pass me by , but should I be concerned about the LQ1 ? Some say its good some say its a devil motor

pfft 4 hrs is nothing, I've brought cars home from California (2), Washington state, Texas, Florida, and live in Ontario