Lubericating Wiper linkage.

mchill07

There's no grease fittings. Gonna be difficult to do any good since access is so poor. Nearly impossible to get grease inside the joints where it would make a difference.

Is there some reason you think they need lube?

When I was into the wipers of my '92, I cleaned the joints and sprayed JB-80 in them, but realistically it isn't going to make a difference.

They are a bit noisy. I thought if i greased the joints it would help. Also I'm having trouble finding a blade the doesn't jump or chatter. Anco...Terrible, Bosch...not any better.

The Exact fit Trico wipers seem to be doing better. Minimal jumping.

They are a bit noisy. I thought if i greased the joints it would help. Also I'm having trouble finding a blade the doesn't jump or chatter. Anco...Terrible, Bosch...not any better.

The Exact fit Trico wipers seem to be doing better. Minimal jumping.

Four things you need to know about making the wipers work without skipping and chatter:

Wiper blades are all junk. All of 'em. Every one. Substandard Communist Chinese dreck. If they go six months, you're doing good. A full year is almost unheard-of.

Make sure the blade is 90 degrees to the glass. Often, the arm gets twisted and the blade is at an angle to the glass. Then the rubber doesn't "flip" at the end of each stroke. If the rubber doesn't flip, the blade will chatter.

Clean the glass thoroughly. Car wax or other contaminants on the glass can make the blades act goofy. I'm thinking GM recommended Bon Ami once upon a time, but it would be wise to verify that.

Finally, look through the glass into a sunrise or sunset. If you see a billion tiny pits in the glass, you might as well get a new windshield, because you will NEVER make the wipers work properly when the glass has been sandblasted. While we're on that subject, Chinese glass is about the same quality as the Chinese wiper blades--if you get a year out of a Chinese windshield before it's as pitted as the original, you're doing well. I bought a used '93 Lumina with a new Chinese windshield, it was shit in six months and I never once went down a gravel road.