Center console compatibility

Imp558

Walking my favorite wrecking yard today to pull some wheel well trim for the Regal and found a Cutlass with a great looking center console! The dash looks almost identical to mine and it's a good color for me. From what I've seen the ashtray just comes off and the console fits right up there, does anybody know for sure that it's the correct dimensions before I go through the trouble of pulling it? He told me $50 for the console, shifter and cable so it's a good deal. My car = 1996 Regal 4dr, Donor car = '94 or '95 Cutlass 4dr.

There's a significant difference between the '94 and '95 Cutlass consoles...the '94 has a "flat" console lid, while the '95 has a rounded top, and two large cup holders between the console lid, and the shifter. I mention that, because the dash is completely different between the '94 and '95 Cutlasses, and I'm not sure the bottom of the dash sits in the same place both of those years.

Walking my favorite wrecking yard today to pull some wheel well trim for the Regal and found a Cutlass with a great looking center console! The dash looks almost identical to mine and it's a good color for me. From what I've seen the ashtray just comes off and the console fits right up there, does anybody know for sure that it's the correct dimensions before I go through the trouble of pulling it? He told me $50 for the console, shifter and cable so it's a good deal. My car = 1996 Regal 4dr, Donor car = '94 or '95 Cutlass 4dr.

94 and 95 Cutlass Supremes have very different dash board.

94:

29808770030_large.jpg

95:

2605980001_large.jpg

I assume your dash looks something like this with no center console?

dscf2096d.jpg

The 1995 Cutlass Supreme center console MIGHT fit, and it doesn't it shouldn't take a whole lot to make it fit. I'm not sure about a 1994 one at all. I don't know what's different about it when compared to a 1995.

since it looks similar to his 96, it's safe to say he's looking at a 95.

i also just noticed that the later regal dash was an almost perfect blend between the later GP and later CS dash.

It looks just like the second two images, in fact I bet the trim piece for the dash would fit my car as well. I think I'm going to pick it up and if it doesn't fit maybe I can pass it off to somebody else on the forum someday