Can A Passenger Seat Assembly Fit On The Driver Side?

Mark 97 Cutlass Coupe

My 97 Cutlass Coupe has a 6 way power leather seat on the driver side bucket. The upholstery and padding are getting a little worn. I found a perfect junk yard passenger seat (same color, leather, etc) that is a manual adjust. Can I just switch the bottom of the seat frame from the manual seat to the power seat with out any modifications? I know the manual recline feature will be on the wrong side, but I don't mind if it will otherwise work.

Al, thanks, and I looked at the thread you referenced. On your 3-23-09 post you show a picture of the seats upside down, with the tracks off. What I was hoping to do was just transfer the tracks from my driver side (power) to the new junkyard seat, which has the manual controls. It looks like the whole power assembly bolts onto the bottom of the seat itself. At least that is what it looks like to me when I look at my manual seat. I'm thinking (hoping) that ALL the seats are the same, and some were made power, while some were made manual control. I know the skins are interchangeable from left to right, so do you think my theory is correct? I did not want to take my car apart until I was fairly sure that it would work.

The recline is left/right specific, along with the trim piece on the side, I cant say that it would be a bolt in swap switching tracks but swapping skins takes an evening or two

I guess I was just hoping to avoid swapping the skins on this one. The junkyard seat is literally perfect and I just don't want to take a chance on it getting wrinkled, or other wise less than perfect when I get done. I'd be personally more willing to re configure the trim piece on the left side for the power seat controls, and like I said before, having the recline feature on the right side doesn't bother me. Unless any one else cares to share their experience, I guess I am just going to have to pull my seat out, and see if I can transfer the power track. If that doesn't work, then I guess I have no choice but to change the skins.

Changing skins isnt as bad as it seems, if you have any questions, just post up and I can answer them, I have a Monte Carlo seat torn apart in the basement right now