Does anyone have 88-96 Book 3 of Service Manual (Body)?

crazyd

I have Book 1 & 2 for my '92 that refer to book 3 for these two things. I need the page on the exploded view of the coupe door outer lock assembly, and also the section on replacing the inner door opening spring.

Thanks,

D

Thanks Matt, just what I needed. I was trying to figure out what part #7 was, and in what order it was supposed to be installed with the lock cylinder. Look forward to the hinge spring info if you can find it.

Am I wrong? I thought Book 3 was for E-85 fuelling.

That'd be the first I'd heard of it... Did they even know what E85 was back in the 80's & early 90's? On my '92 it just calls book 3 "Body".

OK, interesting. So, what prompted this was that my driver's door has never stayed open properly - it just falls shut like the hinge spring isn't even there. They refer to this in the manual as the "door hold-open feature". So, apparently these cars don't even have a hinge spring, but a "check link" instead? Anybody ever messed with this?

OK, interesting. So, what prompted this was that my driver's door has never stayed open properly - it just falls shut like the hinge spring isn't even there. They refer to this in the manual as the "door hold-open feature". So, apparently these cars don't even have a hinge spring, but a "check link" instead? Anybody ever messed with this?

Yes, replacing the check-link is not bad at all and you can get the part from a 4 door or 2 door.

Yes, replacing the check-link is not bad at all and you can get the part from a 4 door or 2 door.

Not only that, turns out you can get one from either side of the car as well. I did it today and got one from the passenger side of a '92 coupe. Other W's had other designs, a Lumina I saw had a hinge spring and a Buick had something else entirely.

Anyway, got the replacement installed and it works perfectly. My old one came out in three fragments, was busted up pretty badly.

Installing the check-link: easy. Taking the door apart and putting it back together to install it: hard.