need help with where this connector goes

dardamar

2zdzvw3.jpg

I was changing spark plugs and wires on my 95 GP with the 3100 engine and I disconnected this connector as it was in my way, and for the life of me I cannot seem to find where this gets plugged into. i was in a hurry when doing it and then i went to finish the project 2 days later and I can't find where this gets connected to. It is a red plugin, first thought would be the evap purge but that has a connector on it, I think it goes somewhere on the back head but cant find where,

Anyway, this connector comes out of a big wiring harness directly behind the alternator when standing on the passenger side of vehicle. The alternator harness and a couple of other plugins also come out of this harness. Any help at all is appreciated.

I believe that's the connector for the evap purge solenoid, which is on the back of the engine underneath the area where the coils mount. Look back there.

I believe that's the connector for the evap purge solenoid, which is on the back of the engine underneath the area where the coils mount. Look back there.

thats what i thought to since its red in color.....but its not for the purge solenoid....this is a nightmare. i cant find where this gets connected to!

i thought about starting the car and see if ses light comes on but i dont have a scanner for the obd 1.5 system.

Edited by dardamar

I want to say it's for the Magnasteer system and is not used in 3100 cars.

Edited by ManicMechanic

I want to say it's for the Magnasteer system and is not used in 3100 cars.

thats is exactly were that wire goes. it was an option on 3100 cars.

thats is exactly were that wire goes. it was an option on 3100 cars.

thanks guys....but what is a magnasteer and where is it located. i am assuming its something to do with the steering

If your car had NV7/ magnasteer/ variable assist steering, that wire would go to it. since you car does not, it does it just sits limp. Yes, 3100 cars could have magnasteer... Though I have only seen two, both iirc were 96s, which includes your, Dan.

If your car had NV7/ magnasteer/ variable assist steering, that wire would go to it. since you car does not, it does it just sits limp. Yes, 3100 cars could have magnasteer... Though I have only seen two, both iirc were 96s, which includes your, Dan.

really?!!....so i just spent hours looking for a plugin that i thought i disconnected and it doesnt even exist on my car.....i feel dumb. guess thats what happens when you're in a hurry. i will put alternator back on and see what happens then and hope for no SES light.

really?!!....so i just spent hours looking for a plugin that i thought i disconnected and it doesnt even exist on my car.....i feel dumb. guess thats what happens when you're in a hurry. i will put alternator back on and see what happens then and hope for no SES light.

your not the only one who was wondering were that plug went.

I should have amended my post and said not used in 1995 cars. :o

I actually found 2 1996 sedans with NV7 at the yard today.

2.25 heavy assist rack FTW!!! On the 95 CS I LQ1 swapped I enabled magnasteer and used all the parts to make it work. TGP ratio rack without the heavy feel. What's not to like?