92 Olds Cutlass Supreme S - HORN not working

Scott205

Hey guys, getting my yearly inspection and my horn isn't working. That isn't that unusual, that plastic clip on the steering wheel horn center broke a long time ago. However when I played with it still no horn. Fuses underhood ok (swapped with fog light fuse), swapped relay also.

I can't find my shop manual.. anyone out there know how to check it and more than that.. where is the horn located?

Thanks!

The horn is located over on the left front corner of the engine bay by the battery and washer jug. There is also likely a relay for the horn. You can try and pull that and test for what circuit is broken.

To test the relay, what is hot, ground and the switch?

Thanks for letting me know.. that makes me think the wires might be damaged since the wires for the washer pump were damaged. I guess it is time to remove the resevior and battery

well pulled the horns and touched the battery straight to the horn.. nothing.. that might be my problem.. I was thinking only one horn was working, maybe the other died