What seats will bolt into a (W body) 94 Cutlass Supreme?

Nas Escobar

Well, I have a Cutlass Supreme convertible, and I have found the seats to be somewhat uncomfortable and fatiguing. I'm considering swapping the seats from another car into mine, but what car has a seat that will bolt in directly to the factory holes without any modification?

I know I can probably bolt in seats from another W body, but that would be redundant, unless I can take seats from a 2G or 3G and bolt em up to my 1G, but what other seats can match up to the 1G W body?

All help is appreciated.

direct swap? any 1 or 1.5 generation W and that's probably it. the early AQ9s(cutlass or grand prix) are definitely not uncomfortable or fatiguing.

Instead of swapping seats, I had the drivers seat in my 'vert re-stuffed a couple years ago. The leather had started to rip in a couple places, a couple seams separated, and the bottom seat pad was uncomfortably flat. So my wife (as a nice birthday surprise present) took it to the local auto upholstery shop and they restuffed it, replaced the ripped leather sections, fixed the power seat control bracket, and sewed up the seams. It's very comfortable now, and well worth it because it's my daily driver and I spend at least 90 minutes in the car every single day.

So look around for other seats, but as a point of comparison I would recommend getting a quote for getting your seat(s) re-built.

direct swap? any 1 or 1.5 generation W and that's probably it. the early AQ9s(cutlass or grand prix) are definitely not uncomfortable or fatiguing.

The AQ9's are the ones that look like the ones in my Vert, but more stuffed, almost akin to the recent GTO seats right?

Because I've always wondered why the GP had similar seats to the Cutty but thicker - almost racing seat like...

So I take it nobody has really messed around with W seats? Because, as far as I know, Camaro seats can fit a J body (Celica and Neon seats can too... but that's another story), Bonneville seats can fit a B body, GTO seats will fit an N body, and I'm pretty sure the list can go on but no one has really tried doing a seat swap to a W?

i'd like to think that the board is pretty happy with the AQ9s.... million way air bladder adjustments allow for a single seat to fit a LOT of people.