How relays work

DefEddie

I made a video yesterday explaining relay's and their use,thought I would post it here.

It's 20m long but I tried to not be technical.

Basically too much coffee and then a suggestion on facebook led to this.

So,either watch and learn something or watch with a beer and have a good laugh at the wierd redneck.

If you check my other videos you will find some random connector disassembly vids as well as a vid showing how to disassemble the PCM connector common to 96+ GM V6 car's (including 3800's) as well as LS V8's.

I enjoy making them,and will likely make a few more.

So any suggestions please post up.

I don't care if it's "you suck,never make a video again" or "how about a power steering flush video" or whatever.

Just need honest opinions of what to improve.

Never used fets,honestly my electronics knowledge is very spotty.

I'm Ford factory certified for basic and advanced electrical as well as networking stuff etc..

But most of my training and experience is based around diag or stereo stuff so figuring the other stuff out as I come across and need to learn.

Unfortunately i'm also rural town so about the only one that messes with anything electrical like this in my area.

So I have the oppurtunity to let out alot of smoke but can be hard sometimes to figure out why and noone to ask really.

I really want to get into the component level stuff,and have been slowly getting deeper into tuning has helped,and finally gonna start programming chips soon and hoping that will lead into a better working knowledge of the chips and other component stuff.

oh yeah,aka playtoy/gearhead