HUD in '95 up Cutlass

jmblimo

I dont think anyone has done it yet and I dought there will be any wireing there every thing would have to come from a GP.

Yup. It would be pretty sweet if you could pull it off. One of a kind.

• 4 months later...

Are we sure that the wiring isn't there? Has anyone actually checked this, I'm curious because the 95' Cutlass manual has a section on the HUD and it seems odd to include this if they didn't plan on it being an option at any time during production. And it seems to me that if they thought it was possible in 94' when they made the manual that at least some of the 95's that were made in late 94' after changeover would have the wiring. (that was kind of hard to follow) What would I be looking for if I were to take my dash off? Any specific wiring harnesses or anything?

Someone should scan the picture of this HUD in the Cutlass manual.. I'm curious to see how the molded the dash pad in there.. its quite the curve.

I can't scan it, but if your curious you can check out http://www.mygmlink.com and look at the owner's manual for a 95' Cutlass, its in PDF format and its on pages 113 and 114 or if you know someone with a manual its pages 2-54 and 2-55. They don't show the dash pad, all they show is a shot of the controls and explain its funtionality.

Hmm.. cool site! In the 'instrument panel' section, there is a ROUGH outline of the HUD in the dash. Thats really weird as to why it was never an option given to consumers. I'd bet the things are prewired..

Actually.. I only see that in the '95 manual.. the '96 and 97 make no mention of it.

I don't have any interest in adding HUD, but it is listed in the 1995 W-body factory service manual. I did a quick scan of the page showing the exploded drawing of the dash - the HUD is #4 on the diagram.

http://www.polar.icestorm.com/sfl/cutlass/1995_hud_1.jpg

There is also a section in the service manual for the HUD wiring.

Not sure if this proves anything, I suppose design changes happen all the time after the service manuals have gone to press. Guess the only way to know for sure if the HUD wiring and infrastructure is go under the dash and look for it.

I added a HUD to my car and it wasn't prewired. As long as you have a wiring diagram it should be straight forward.

But those cars came equipped originally with HUD... the only problem/challenge I see is in the dashpad. I have no idea what is underneath the Cutlass dash... but I assume there is enough room to add a HUD unit.. the only problem would be incorporating a dashpad to fit the entire thing, since none were originally fabricated.