Scan Tool / Data Logging Recommendation

runt

Hey guys,

Looking for some advise on a scan tool. I want to scan my 2007 GPGT. I never really did any type of live data logging before so I'd really like to check for KR and things of that nature. Did some searching on this site but so much of it is for ODB-I cars...

Thanks.

OTC. The scan tool I have ( was expensive ) but will read everything you want it to.

We have an OTC Genisys here at work that I might have to borrow for a weekend....

Any idea on your model number?

When it was MY money, I bought a used Snap-On MTG2500 from eBay. The MT2500 is similar, but without the two-channel graphing capability.

They're selling for about $300 and up--be sure to get one with the software cartridges new enough to cover your vehicle. Lots of Snap-On scanners for sale that only do VIN-number specific scanning to 2003 or 2004. Generic OBD-II scanning for newer vehicles is available on the older cartridges, but the information becomes less specific and more generic. You want VIN-specific info if at all possible.

I want to get a new one that'll work with CAN on the HHR as well, but I don't really want one that works through my phone. Idk why, I just don't like them. Similar to how I'd rather have a repair manual in a book form than online.

• 2 weeks later...

For OBD-I stuff I have an OTC 4000e that will scan in real time but won't record long data streams. It doesn't data log perse. It will only record 30 frames (something like that) before and after hitting the "record" button. For real data logging I use a Moates AutoProm.