part #10409334 stabilizer bar bracket

eblanchette

Has anybody found one of these? GM part no. 10409334(discontinued)

I can't find them anywhere, not even in local junkyards

Mine rusted and snapped...

What car? What year? These are pretty much universal GM parts that went on alot of FWD GM cars and didnt really differ much. If anything you can get poly bushings from Autozone(every other place sucks because I work here, just joking:D) and they come with new brackets and hardware. But they will have to be ordered because the ones on the sale floor wont fit.

What car? What year? These are pretty much universal GM parts that went on alot of FWD GM cars and didnt really differ much. If anything you can get poly bushings from Autozone(every other place sucks because I work here, just joking:D) and they come with new brackets and hardware. But they will have to be ordered because the ones on the sale floor wont fit.

The car is a 97 Monte Carlo, from my understanding i can get it off lumina's, olsdmobile cutlass, etc. I once emailed rockauto but they said they don't carry that part.

I'm in canada tough, there are no autozones.

If its old enough to be rusty then the bushings are in need of replacing anyways, new bushings will come with everything you need. They might look different from car to car but they all function the same. Any autopart store will carry them. The part numbers for replacement bushing are the same between your `97 Monte Carlo and my `94 Cutlass. I just use Autozone as a reference because thats what im used to. We have them in out system for about $9 and they should come with new brackets.

Edited by rich_e777

If its old enough to be rusty then the bushings are in need of replacing anyways, new bushings will come with everything you need. They might look different from car to car but they all function the same. Any autopart store will carry them. The part numbers for replacement bushing are the same between your `97 Monte Carlo and my `94 Cutlass. I just use Autozone as a reference because thats what im used to. We have them in out system for about $9 and they should come with new brackets.

Here is a diagram :

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/6038/sanstitrenwr.png

When I ordered(from dealer) #29 in diagram, it did not come with #35, which is what i really need.

You could have mentioned it was for the REAR sway bar. I would think any W-body with a rear sway bar would have this part and i dont think it would be different. Seems to be a rare part unfortunatly, couldnt even find them in 2011. Im planning on adding a rear sway bar to my car and hoping on going to the yard later in the week and i`ll need two of them as well, wont be a problem to grab 2 more for you if you cant find them.:thumbsup: Sorry for the mixup.

You could have mentioned it was for the REAR sway bar. I would think any W-body with a rear sway bar would have this part and i dont think it would be different. Seems to be a rare part unfortunatly, couldnt even find them in 2011. Im planning on adding a rear sway bar to my car and hoping on going to the yard later in the week and i`ll need two of them as well, wont be a problem to grab 2 more for you if you cant find them.:thumbsup: Sorry for the mixup.

No problem, if I come across them I will pick up as much as I can too, they are very weak up in canada with salt on the roads.

Good luck!

its listed under Stabilizer Bar Link in the suspension section on RA

if you confirm to me that it comes with the bracket I need, I will buy from them, but as per their email they dont carry the bracket., only the link kit.

Can you get a pic in detail of your other side? From what i can tell there is another piece that connects that link to the rest of the car. It could be that it is the piece you need just has been re-engineered making it look different.