Fuel Problem i think?

Warthog32695

Well i didnt know were to put this but, but i have a 94 Olds Vert and just a few days ago it started doing this When I start to accelerate the car shimmies and is sluggish. Once up to speed it seems fine. It is also an intermitant problem. somtimes when i hit then gas the Tach just starts jumping around and the engine wants to die. This morning on my way to work it didnt want to go at all and i lost all my speed on the highway was in the high speed lane costing at 20MPH before i could get it up to speed again just had to over take somone and it didnt like it. Im not sure what it exactly it is but i need help diagnosing it. at first i thought id be a Fuel pump, however it would affect the cars ideling too wouldnt it? Its my Daily Driver i need to get this fixed snice its the only car i can drive, and i drive close to 200 miles a week. Any help would be Aperacted

P.S. Sorry for my Grammer

When is the last time shes had a good thourogh tune-up? Almost sounds like an ignition issue. If it was me I`d change the fuel filter, plugs and wires then go from there assuming you have a good oil change and filter as needed.

she had Good Tune-up about July, Oil change Im gonna be due in a month. im planing on checking the Fuel Filter. My thing is im pretty low on money atm so if i dont need somthing rather not do it. and from what ive looked up the Fuel pump is a Royal pain to do on these

Did you have new wires in july? When idling can you smell gas in the exhaust? Kind of sounds like its misfiring a little bit. One by one unhook you wires at the ignition modules and clean the contact points. Is it leaking fluids? Before the fuel pump i`d suspect a clogged filter and then issues with the injectors. Do you have to add coolant or oil on a regular basis?

No i havnt had to add Coolant or oil, I was adding coolant on a Regulair basis but that was becuase i had a broken hose. and no i didnt do the wires just the plugs. and while ideling no gas fumes when reving it tho yes i do

I had a plug wire go bad before and made a cylinder miss and that puts out a tell tale gasoline fume out the exhaust, also made the engine run like shit. So thats why i asked there. Maybe pull off 1 by 1 the ignition modules themselves and clean them up real good. When you rev it and can smelll gasoline there is an issue with combustion and im putting my $20 on ignition or spark and not fuel delivery.(How lucky for you this time:thumbsup:, could have been LIMG)

You are probably going to need new wires and a spark plug change, also seriously clean the ignition modules, there should be 3 of them with two spark plug wires a piece, label which wire connected to which module. I use rubbing alcohol and a green scrubbing pad and then a paper towel for electrical stuff. Should only take about a minute to do each, IIRC the 3.4`s module are at the front:shrug: And once more do them one by one because if you put something back in the wrong place you can fuck some stuff up.

Well i didnt know were to put this but, but i have a 94 Olds Vert and just a few days ago it started doing this When I start to accelerate the car shimmies and is sluggish. Once up to speed it seems fine. It is also an intermitant problem. somtimes when i hit then gas the Tach just starts jumping around and the engine wants to die. This morning on my way to work it didnt want to go at all and i lost all my speed on the highway was in the high speed lane costing at 20MPH before i could get it up to speed again car accessories just had to over take somone and it didnt like it. Im not sure what it exactly it is but i need help diagnosing it. at first i thought id be a Fuel pump, however it would affect the cars ideling too wouldnt it? Its my Daily Driver i need to get this fixed snice its the only car i can drive, and i drive close to 200 miles a week. Any help would be Aperacted

P.S. Sorry for my Grammer

You must post this thread in technical forums. I am not sure you will get any solution in this section

Edited by Thomasbaker

You must post this thread in technical forums. I am not sure you will get any solution in this section

??? No matter what forum it is in it will get some exposure.

Lol i had no idea, Btw tho turned out the fuel filter was BLocked with Rust, the fuel was coming out DARK BROWN so i replaced it seems to be fine

Lol i had no idea, Btw tho turned out the fuel filter was BLocked with Rust, the fuel was coming out DARK BROWN so i replaced it seems to be fine

Cool man glad you fixed it. But if it was that bad you might have alot of junk in your fuel tank and that could cause problems later on, just a heads up.:thumbsup:

Yes, i realize that.... Im hoping that most of it got out of the system. Havnt had a problem so far and im getting double gas milage that i was getting before. So im hoping itll be fine for now. Also i dont get the cheep stuff when i get gas. The lowest i put into the car is Octane 91